Implant Placement and Restoration
We at MM Dentistry have done countless dental implant placements. Dr. Minh Ma can take a thorough, comprehensive look at your condition and provide helpful information and advice concerning your dental situation and how implants may help.
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant can provide an excellent replacement solution for missing teeth. It includes a titanium rod that will act as the new root for an artificial tooth crown. Because we embed the rod into your gums and jawbone like a natural tooth root, you’ll have a functioning tooth and natural feeling while biting. An implant can also serve as part of a base system for dentures and bridges.
What is the Implant Placement Procedure?
The implant placement procedure is gradual, enabling your teeth, mouth, and jaw to adjust from beginning to end. The procedure is nothing to fear when performed by Dr. Ma, who has the training and experience to provide the best possible service and result. Many people wonder why they didn’t get their implants done earlier.
The process may differ depending on your dental condition and needs, but in general, we will:
- Take X-rays and impressions (molds) of the jaw and teeth to determine bone, gum tissue, and spacing available for an implant.
- Administer anesthesia.
- Extract any teeth necessary and prepare the jawbone.
- Install the implant and allow it to integrate with the bone for up to six months.
- Inspect the implant to ensure it’s in good working order and ready for the next step.
- Fit a post or abutment into the implant, tying the implant’s “root system” into your final crown.
- Fit a crown that matches your natural teeth and smile onto the anchor’s abutment or post portion.
- Provide helpful care instructions and go over any of your questions.
- Schedule any necessary follow-up appointments to see how things are going.
What Happens After the Placement Procedure?
- You should be able to eat, talk, and brush your teeth normally.
- Patients often report minimal discomfort involved with the dental implant placement procedure.
- Some patients experience mild soreness, which they can treat using over-the-counter medications.
- Keep us updated on how the implant feels in your mouth and if anything isn’t quite right.
Dental implants are typically a great, long-term solution. But if you experience an issue, our implant experience prepares us for any issues requiring restoration. We can repair:
- Broken Crowns
- Loose Implants
- Implant Replacement
What is the Implant Restoration Procedure?
The first step in the restoration procedure is to make sure you’re relaxed and comfortable. Restoration does not always call for anesthesia, but we may administer local anesthesia to reduce pain depending on the situation.
Once you’re comfortable and ready, we’ll begin the procedure:
- We’ll remove the damaged implant if necessary.
- We’ll install a new implant.
- We’ll allow some time for bone growth and healing, sometimes around two weeks.
- Once sufficient healing has occurred, we’ll install the new abutment or crown.
Call Today to Set Up an Appointment
No matter your condition or concern, visit us at MM Dentistry. We’ll help you understand the treatments and options. You may be surprised to learn what is possible with dental implants. You may not be able to wait to get started.