At MM Dentistry, we have multiple options available to serve you. Regardless of your dental need, we’ll have a recommendation for addressing it.
It’s Good to Have Options
We’ll explore some common dental technologies that can restore, strengthen, and beautify your teeth. We hope you’ll reach out to us for a consultation so that we may answer your questions concerning these options. Dr. Minh Ma is an expert at these dental approaches and can offer a lot of great information.
Call us today to get started. Whether your dental needs include fillings, crowns, bridges, veneers, or any other dental opinion, we can help.
Porcelain or composite resin fillings are the basic, standard way to address tooth decay. Plaque, tartar, and acidic or sugary foods and drinks can wear away at tooth enamel, leaving a space or cavity in the tooth. Fillings serve to correct the tooth’s space or cavity created by the decay.
Here are some advantages to porcelain or composite resin fillings:
- They can be the same color as your teeth.
- They require less tooth prep and drilling than traditional metal fillings.
- They’re easy to place and durable enough to last a long time.
- They bond and fit seamlessly with your natural tooth, preventing plaque, bacteria, and debris from infiltrating the tooth.
- The composite filling material is more flexible and doesn’t stress your tooth when biting or chewing.
- The filling material can be “topped off” or updated easily if damaged or worn.
Crowns are a great way to restore tooth health, strengthen the tooth, improve bite functionality, and beautify your smile. They shelter a tooth that has sustained damage or suffered from tooth decay, grinding, or trauma. The crown is a prosthetic material sculpted to match your natural tooth size, shape, and color. It’s stain-resistant, composed of a durable, long-lasting material that is smooth enough to prevent foods and liquids from sticking.
If the damage is too significant for a filling and not extensive enough to warrant a dental crown, we may recommend an inlay or onlay. An onlay covers one or more cusps and may even extend over the edge of a tooth, whereas an inlay fits within the constraints of the cusps of a tooth. Inlays effectively replace fillings as a treatment option for smaller cavities, while onlays are used for more extensive damage. Inlays and onlays have numerous advantages, including:
- They are long-lasting and strong.
- They are custom-made to match the color and shape of your teeth, and they help prevent decay behind the restoration.
- They preserve a more healthy tooth structure, avoiding the need for root canal therapy in the future.
Veneers are similar to crowns in that they fit over your natural tooth. One main difference is that veneers often serve a cosmetic purpose, while crowns serve a restorative purpose. Veneers can correct tooth size, shape, and color. Like crowns, we’ll cement veneers over your natural tooth, which we may need to form to allow a good fit.
A bridge is a durable, long-lasting prosthetic tooth option which “bridges” the gap left behind by a missing tooth. It uses the two prosthetic teeth on either side of the gap as support and fills the middle space with a prosthetic. We form those supporting teeth to allow the bridge to fit over them and cement the bridge in place. The prosthetics look, feel, and function just like natural teeth.
Here are some things to consider with bridges:
- Since a bridge consists of three prosthetic teeth in a row, there’s no natural gap between them, and they’re not as easy to clean as natural teeth.
- The supporting natural teeth must be prepped and often reshaped.
- They are cost-effective
- Bridges have the advantage of being a quick, effective option, the placement procedure taking as little as a few hours.
- The overall process may include a few different appointments to allow time for you and your teeth and mouth to recover after each treatment.
The Best Dental Care in Burke
We look forward to providing you with exceptional service and solutions at MM Dentistry in Burke, Virginia. We specialize in cosmetic and restorative dental options, including fillings, crowns, bridges, and veneers.
There are many ways to bring out your smile. Dr. Ma and his team of dental care specialists will find the right way to your satisfaction.
Call today for your consultation.