Looking for pediatric dentistry in Burke VA? MM Dentistry offers top-quality pediatric dental services that are perfect for your family. Dr. Ma is experienced in providing comfortable treatment to children of all ages.
What is Pediatric Dentistry?
Pediatric dentistry is the branch of dentistry that deals with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of dental problems in children. As a pediatric dentist, Dr. Ma is specially trained to care for the unique and developing dental needs of infants, children, and adolescents.
Your Child’s First Dental Appointment
We understand that some children may feel anxious about visiting the dentist. Your child may feel more comfortable if you talk with them about what to expect at the dentist’s office. It might be helpful to show them images of our Burke, Virginia dental office and employees, so they have some familiarity when they visit. You might tell them that the dentist will count their teeth and could ask them to open their mouths wide so they can look inside.
Dr. Ma will examine your child’s teeth and gums during their first appointment. We may ask questions about your child’s dental hygiene routine and any concerns you may have about their dental condition. The dentist may also take X-rays to check for any issues that cannot be detected with the naked eye.
At What Age Should My Child See a Dentist?
The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends that children see a dentist by age one or within six months of getting their first tooth. However, many parents wait until their child is three or four years old before visiting the dentist.
It’s important to remember that delayed dental care can lead to significant problems down the road. Cavities in baby teeth can cause pain and infection and lead to cavities in permanent teeth. So if you’re unsure about when to take your child to the dentist, it’s best to err on the side of caution and schedule an appointment even if your child is very young.
Our Burke Pediatric Dental Services
You deserve only the best for your children, and we offer top-quality pediatric dental services that will meet your expectations – and then some!
Our Burke, Virginia pediatric dental services include:
- Preventive Dental Care: We recommend that children see a dentist every six months for preventive care. We will clean your child’s teeth during these appointments and evaluate their oral health. We may also provide fluoride treatments and sealants to help protect your child’s teeth from cavities.
- Dental Cleanings: We can perform quick and comfortable professional dental cleanings at our Burke dental facility. Our team will remove plaque and tartar buildup on your child’s teeth, leaving them feeling smooth and looking their best.
- Cavity fillings: If your child has a cavity, we can carefully clean the decay and fill the tooth with durable material. Our fillings will look great in your child’s smile and keep their teeth in excellent health.
- Dental Sealants: Dental sealants are excellent preventative measures for your child’s teeth. Sealants are a thin, transparent coating applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth. Sealants act as a barrier, protecting the teeth from cavities and decay.
- Fluoride Treatments: Fluoride is a mineral that helps to strengthen the teeth and prevent cavities. We offer fluoride treatments at our Burke, Virginia facility for our patients at high risk for cavities – especially children!
The Top Pediatric Dentistry in Burke VA
You can trust us to provide the best possible care for your children. Our team is experienced in helping children feel relaxed and comfortable during treatment. Our office is kid-friendly, and we use the latest technology to ensure your child’s visit is as enjoyable as possible.
We strive to develop long-term relationships with our patients so every member of your family can receive comfortable treatment from a dentist they know and trust. Please schedule an appointment today and let us help your child achieve optimal oral health!