Have you noticed a lump or a lesion in your mouth? A good rule of thumb is that if anything looks or feels “off” concerning your teeth, mouth, or gums, it may be a good idea for us to check it out.
Excellent oral health means professional treatment not only for healthy teeth and gums but also for preventing, detecting, and treating oral diseases. The MM Dentistry services go beyond general dentistry, including everything from Invisalign to oral biopsies.
We’ll Eliminate the Worry and the Wonder
Why worry? Why wonder if that lesion or lump is problematic. So why wait? If there is something concerning you, don’t hesitate to contact us for an appointment. Dr. Ma should evaluate your condition and perform the proper testing to determine what is causing the issue of concern and how to treat it. We have the knowledge, tools, and techniques to evaluate and test. Call today, and we’ll give you the peace of mind of knowing whether or not you have a condition that needs further attention. The sooner we get started, the better.
What is the Oral Biopsy Procedure?
We’ll evaluate and test tissue that we suspect may be abnormal. In general, you won’t feel much discomfort during the
procedure, and Dr. Ma will prioritize your comfort.
We’ll use various methods and state-of-the-art tools to perform the procedure.
- First, we’ll make sure you’re comfortable.
- We’ll ask you a few questions, including details about your dental history.
- We may administer local anesthesia to add comfort during the procedure.
- Using specialized tools, we’ll prep the area from which we’ll need to take a tissue sample.
- Dr. Ma will take a sample of the affected tissue and surrounding healthy tissue so pathologists can compare the two different tissue conditions when forming a result.
- We’ll finalize the biopsy, which may include treating the sample area to prevent bleeding.
- We’ll go over expectations of how the treated area may look and feel after treatment.
- We may go over some things you can do at home to manage any discomfort following the procedure.
- We’ll prescribe any medications you may need to take after the procedure and answer any of your questions.
- We’ll schedule any necessary follow-up appointments to go over the results or start treatment.
Test results are generally available quickly. We’ll let you know what we find out and any next steps as soon as possible.
Keep all Your Dental Appointments
It’s important to note that not all bumps and lumps turn out to be cancerous. But even if you’re not experiencing any symptoms, it’s good to stay current on your regular dental appointments and checkups. Dr. Ma and the specialists at MM Dentistry can spot issues that may not be symptomatic. They can also foresee dental issues that haven’t started yet. It’s better to be safe than sorry. Let the specialists at MM Dentistry perform a thorough evaluation.
The Best Oral Biopsies and Dental Services in Burke
We believe behind every healthy smile is a great dentist. Dr. Minh Ma is the go-to provider for all your dental needs. At MM Dentistry, we want to be the dental service behind every great, healthy, beautiful smile in Burke.
Contact us today to set up an appointment at MM Dentistry. We’re helpful, friendly professionals you’ll feel great about visiting. We know how to keep you comfortable and smiling while in the dentist’s chair. Call today, and we’ll keep that frown away.